Top 5 Handbag Styles for That Fabulous Look
By Harrison Fray
A handbag style is what makes this particular accessory fun to shop for. There are so many styles to choose from and you would be surprised how each of them has got their own pros and cons when used. Handbag styles also affect the type of material used to create the bag. Designers also put their signature on the styles of these handbag options. To help you choose the right bag investment, here are some of the usual handbag styles which you can come across:
1. Baguette – As the name implies, this type of handbag style resembles a pastry–a French loaf for that matter. It is usually kept at a small to medium size so it would be fit for casual strolling or going out to party and meet with friends. The baguette also usually comes in either fabric or leather materials.
2. Birkin – You would be surprised to find out that the Birkin is actually named after the actress Jane Birkin. This was initially custom-made for her as she required getting a handbag that would be able to carry many of her personal belongings. Birkins are a popular choice among corporate people and its unisex design makes for a popular choice for both men and women. Birkins are usually sturdy enough to stand alone and they are often made with animal skin or leather.
3. Box Bag – The box type of handbags are often used these days to carry small items which needed to be kept in organized form. This is the handbag of choice for carrying large makeup kits. Guys might find this handy to store an assortment of nifty electrical pieces for gadgets and even sporting accessories.
4. Clutch Purse – This is the popular style of choice for ladies who are going out on formal occasions. Clutch purses are often used as a fashion accessory than a bag because they are often slim and small enough to carry with one hand, clutched firmly on the forearm. A clutch purse is also often styled to fit the garments of the user.
5. Tote Bag – This is the perfect handbag for people who need one for casual purposes and something that can be used for heavy-duty carrying too. Tote bags are often popular during the summer because they are seen on the beaches, carrying swimsuits and other tanning stuff. Tote bags are very durable and are often made with waterproof materials.
When it comes to choosing your handbag style, don’t forget to think about your other bags too. Since you are going to invest in a designer handbag, you might as well make sure that what you purchase is something that you haven’t got yet. This way, you really get to enjoy and flaunt off your bag as something that’s truly unique. You should also take into consideration your handbag’s design. Choose something that closely resembles your personality. It’s also a good idea to choose a handbag design that closely fits with most of the garments you have in your closet.