In the recent years, there is an increased awareness about fashion in the common man. The increasing role of media, movies, magazines and television has made the common man pretty fashion conscious. People are aware of what looks good on them and what doesn’t. Though the fashion trends and styles keep changing, there are certain fashion mistakes that fit nowhere. These fashion mistakes are unforgivable and hence should be avoided like plague. The singles need to be extra careful in avoiding these mistakes since committing them may give a wrong impression:
* Don’t go over board with revealing clothes: When we are single, we like to look “hot”. Who doesn’t want to attract some one cool? However sometimes too much of heat can be really dangerous and attract cheap rather than cool attention. If you want to wear revealing clothes make sure that you do a balancing act. For example if you want to wear a mini skirt, the team it up with a middle-of-the-road top. If your top shows your cleavage, then balance the look with some traditional pants. Remember, the midriff display needs to be reserved purely for the beach.
* Color Therapy: If you are a wee bit too thin, then you may be wearing more whites and if you are endowed then black may be your preferred color. However, wearing these colors on your face may make you look quite a “plain Jane”. Black can make your face look color less and white can make your teeth appear yellow. Hence you need to search for colors which make your face look fresh. Blacks should be reserved for lower body garments. Try wearing colors with match your eyes or your hair.
* Keep away from clothes that don’t fit well: Many people try to cover up one ungainly part and end up covering the good looking parts too. It’s often seen that people who are plump tend to wear baggy tops which give them a rounded appearance and make them look fatter. You need to check out the cuts which suit you. Wear the size that suits you so that you don’t look drowned or overflowing in your clothes.
* Don’t look sloppy; be presentable everywhere: It’s sad but true that the first impression is the last impression! What if you are in the super market looking sloppy and you encounter a person you like but he doesn’t give you a second glance since your real self is covered with sloppy clothes? You don’t have to dress like a bomb either. All you need to do is wear a decent looking and well fitting shirt and some trendy jeans!
* Wear clothes that suit your persona: We all know what we really are. For example some people just can’t wear a tube top no matter what. You may buy something trendy at the store but end up never wearing it since its not “you”. Remember, only when you feel comfortable in your skin can you look really good!
Fashion is all about what suits you more than what’s in vogue. You can try various styles and clothes to see what looks good on you. You may even get discounts or coupons on the net which may allow you to save money while indulging in some great clothes!
— Rebecca Stevenson